Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Number March

I love singing silly songs with my kiddos. One of my favorite songs to do is The Number March  by Dr. Jean. It's on her Totally Math CD.  I have made a little booklet to go along with the song. We learn one verse of the song each day and then the students illustrate the corresponding page in their book. They turn out soooo cute! Especially when they have to draw the horses. Just a fun and simple number review that we do at the very beginning of the year to show my new students that first grade will be awesome! First grade is full of changes for our little ones. This activity is one they can look forward to and one that they LOVE to do!



4 comments:

  1. So cute!! Thanks for sharing! I'll be using this with my kinders and 1st graders.

    Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you have as much fun with it as we do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your comment of providing activities at the beginning of the year to show the kids how the year will be awesome. It is a fun way to review as well.

    Thank you for sharing,

    www.strengthtoteach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and I'm sooo happy I did. You ladies have some great ideas. I am going to use this one for the beginning of math during the first 2 weeks. I went ahead and added a handwriting line at the top and drew the corresponding number so they can practice writing the numeral too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete